Birth is a normal physiological process. I believe that with proper education, preparation, and the help of a well-trained support team you can have an empowering birth experience.
I teach a system of labor techniques in which a woman and her partner/support person play an active part. It is a simple method of increasing self-awareness, teaching women how to deal with the stress of labor by tuning in to their own bodies.
What you will learn
Every class includes the essentials of physical, mental & emotional relaxation, labor rehearsal, and videos.
Potential Class topics include
- Pregnancy Physiology
- Nutrition & Exercise
- The Birth Partner's Role
- Your Birth Preferences/Vision/Plan
- Variations and Complications
- First Stage Labor: Introduction & Advanced Techniques
- Second Stage Labor: Introduction & Advanced Techniques
- The New Family: Breastfeeding & Postpartum Issues
I teach private, customized classes (topics and length will be tailored to fit your specific needs, depending on whether this is your first baby, where you are giving birth, etc.).
class Fee: $75-$250 (varies based on class structure)
- Includes print and electronic materials
- $50 discount for my doula clients.
- I provide special options, including payment plans, for families in need. Please do not hesitate to inquire if finances would get in the way of you receiving childbirth education.